All Things Nexterus
Senior Systems ArchitectThe Senior Systems Architect role will guide and help drive the functional, technical, and integration design of the organization's software development efforts. Driving innovation and efficiency and will be called upon to assist in developing strategy and technology roadmaps. The Senior Systems Architect will plan, coordinate, direct, and design all operational and development activities of the software development team and contractors.
Mentoring and nurturing the development team staff members and also cross-training talent is a key part of the role, and efficiently driving knowledge management, collaboration, and knowledge sharing to build re-usable assets, accelerators, methodologies across the development group.
The Senior Systems Architect will also work closely with the executive team and decision-makers in other departments to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective technology solutions for applications, compliance, and project delivery. This role also helps to provide vision and leadership for developing and implementing information technology initiatives across all areas of the organization.
ManagerChief Innovation Officer
Responsibilities:Strategy & Planning
- Design and oversee implementation of end-to-end integrated systems.
- Deliver architectural initiatives that drive revenue and improve efficiency in line with business strategy.
- Participate in strategic and operational processes of the business organization as a member of the management team.
- Ability to create solution prototypes and proof of concept approaches
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of the organization's technologies and architectures.
- Develop and maintain current and planned state architectural blueprints.
- Develop and maintain an aspirational architectural road map for the enterprise.
- Work with internal, client stakeholders and project management team to define business and systems requirements for new technology implementations.
- Ensure the efficient utilization of IT resources – including personnel and contractors.
- Lead IT strategic and operational planning to achieve business goals by fostering innovation, prioritizing IT initiatives, and coordinating the evaluation, deployment, and management of current and future IT systems platforms and service tools across the organization to better service our staff and customers.
- Develop and maintain an appropriate IT organizational structure that supports the needs of the business.
- Establish team goals, objectives, and document operating procedures.
- Forecasting future resource capacity planning.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Identify opportunities for the appropriate and cost-effective investment of financial resources in IT systems and resources, including staffing, sourcing, purchasing, and in-house development.
- Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for projects.
- Analyze existing operations and make recommendations for the improvement and growth of the team.
- Keep current with trends and issues in the IT industry especially as it relates to supply chain technology. Advise, counsel, and educate executives and management on their competitive or financial impact.
- Act as an advocate for the organization's IT vision via regular written and in-person communications with the organization's executives, department heads, and end-users.
- Ensure continuous delivery of IT services through oversight of service level agreements with internal staff and end-user customers and monitoring of IT systems performance.
- Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the organization's executives, department heads, and end-users regarding pertinent activities.
Key Result Areas (KRAs)
- Project Delivery (70%)
- Collaboration with project managers to forecast, plan and estimate project delivery.
- Manage resource forecasting and planning to ensure both project initiatives and production support requirements are met
- Percent of projects that are delivered on time >80%
- Business & Client Satisfaction (15%)
- Engage with internal users, stakeholders, management team and clients through feedback mechanisms, survey's, voice of the customer. Maintain 85% satisfaction rating.
- Quality Management (15%)
- Percent of budget spent on maintenance fixes <20%
Formal Education & Certification
- University degree in the field of computer science or information systems and 12 years related work experience.
Knowledge & Experience
- Strong knowledge of software technology frameworks
- Must have knowledge of Microsoft .NET Core, Angular, microservices architecture
- Strong RESTful API experience around microservices also with knowledge of gRPC.Terraform for IAC (Infrastructure as code)
- Docker containerization
- EDA, Apache Kafka, RabbitMQ (familiarity with AsyncAPI would be beneficial)
- Syncfusion Angular components (beneficial)
- Must have experience in continuous development, continuous integration strategies
- Proven experience in IT planning, organization, and development.
- Should have knowledge of AWS cloud environment
- Demonstrated ability to leverage technology in solving business problems and improving work efficiency.
- Excellent understanding of the organization's goals and objectives.
- Strong understanding of human resource management principles, practices, and procedures.
- Strong understanding of project management principles especially agile software development.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to conduct and direct research into IT issues and products as required.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Ability to perform general mathematical calculations for the purpose of creating business cases, budgets, and so on.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Exceptional customer service orientation.
- Extensive experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- On-call availability for projects and go-live initiatives outside of normal business hours
- Sitting for extended periods.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and to handle other computer components.
- Physically able to participate in training sessions, presentations, and meetings.
- Some travel may be required for visits to the corporate office, meetings with clients and stakeholders.
Nexterus Inc. offers health, dental, vision, 401K, PTO, and many other benefits. If you believe you possess the requisite skills, and want to become part of a dynamic team and culture, please send resume to email@example.com.