Nexterus Inc. is a supply chain engineering and technology firm located in New Freedom, PA, that helps small and medium-sized companies effectively compete in today’s global marketplace. We provide solutions to the most complex business issues in your supply chain.
Nexterus Inc. is currently offering an exceptional career opportunity in its Domestic Customer Service Department for a self-motivated professional. This position reports to the Domestic Customer Service Manager.
The Domestic Transportation Customer Service Representative is responsible for providing outstanding service and support to domestic transportation customers. Key areas of responsibility include order entry, scheduling and tracking shipments, troubleshooting problems, responding promptly to customer inquiries, identifying customer needs for additional services, and making process improvement suggestions.
- Proactively track in-transit shipments to monitor on time delivery using the latest shipment visibility tracking tools
- Collaborate with internal customers and our network of transportation providers to arrange for the shipment of goods
- Solicit rate quotes from carriers and exercising sound judgment when deciding which carriers to use balancing service with cost.
- Approve or decline additional carrier accessorial charges
- Support the domestic transportation mission to find high performing carriers and address underperforming carrier issues
- Answer and respond to inquiries; these inquiries are generally load-tracking questions, rescheduling deliveries, and helping move product.
- Possess an Associate’s degree or an equivalent level of training or experience
- General understanding of freight transportation and industry software tools and systems
- General knowledge of transportation modes, carrier cargo liability limits, and equipment as it pertains to transportation of goods
- Strong working knowledge of best practices for providing customer service in a transportation/warehouse environment
- Previous experience in a domestic transportation customer service role managing Truckload and/or LTL transportation is a plus!
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Outlook, and Word
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Exemplify Nexterian Core Values: Service, Innovation, Experience, Knowledge, Growth, and Integrity