All Things Nexterus
Sr. Systems AdministratorThe Sr. System Administrator is responsible for the day to day network administration for internal and client networks. To ensure the stable operation of our computer networks, cloud networks. This includes planning, developing, installing, configuring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all network hardware, software, monitoring and communication links. The person will also analyze and resolve hardware and software computer problems in a timely and accurate fashion.
Additionally, the Sr. Systems Administrator will collaborate with our support team on relevant tickets that require a System Administrator's expertise. System Administrators are also required to mentor the Service Desk staff in order to help with the overall team and personal growth.
- Design, install and configure internal and customer-facing servers, network devices and firewalls.
- Proactively manage and maintain server, network and firewall systems
- Design and implement monitoring, configuration management, and reporting functions via the RMM platform that will reduce the amount of hands-off effort
- Review and work on RMM alert tickets. (ConnectWise Manage, backups, hardware, etc. alerts)
- Perform proactive work on server and networking equipment. (updates, firmware upgrades, event log reviews, preventative maintenance, etc.)
- Develop and implement project plans, risk assessments, and contingency plans
- Ensure the smooth deployment of new applications
- Manage and perform global changes. (Group policy changes, new software implementations, updates, etc.)
- Work on escalated support tickets.
- Document and maintain a repository of client networks and systems via our documentation management tool.
- Perform onsite visits for necessary onsite changes or troubleshooting.
- Provide after-hours support for Infrastructure related emergencies as well as occasional weekend maintenance
- Assist the project management team with projects if help is requested.
- Define and document best practices and support procedures
- Provide suggestions on how to bring clients up to our standards.
- Research technologies or hardware as needed for clients.
- Carry out special tasks at Management's direction
The candidates must possess excellent customer service, planning, problem-solving, goal setting, quality and time management. Understanding of hardware and software (PC’s, laptops, smartphones, tablets, printers, general office equipment. Ability to troubleshoot client issues while remaining calm and managing timelines. Networking Microsoft/Linux Server, AWS related certification is a plus.
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science and/or 8 years equivalent work experience.
- Advancing knowledge in other areas of Infrastructure Design and Management.
- Advanced Knowledge of support and administration of Network Management tools and Remote Management Monitoring (RMM) tools like ConnectWise Automate.
- Hands-on hardware troubleshooting experience.
- Good understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
- Can conform to shifting priorities, demands, and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Reacts to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently.
- Flexible during times of change.
- Ability to read communication styles of team members and contractors who come from a broad spectrum of disciplines.
- Persuasive, encouraging, and motivating.
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, clients, and other departments.
- Ability to defuse tension among team members, should it arise.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional customer service orientation.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Extensive experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Local travel to client/project sites
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and to handle other computer components.
- Occasional inspection of cables in floors and ceilings.
- Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals.
- Ability to lift 50lbs
- Ability to participate in an on-call schedule, and after-hours work.
Job Type: Full-timeNexterus Inc. offers health, dental, vision, 401K, PTO, and many other benefits. If you believe you possess the requisite skills, and want to become part of a dynamic team and culture, please send resume to email@example.com.