Nexterus is a supply chain management and technology company focused on helping small and medium companies compete. In business since 1946, Nexterus is America’s oldest privately held third party logistics company. The Company brings best-in-class supply chain strategies and technologies to its clients in scalable, affordable applications.
Nexterus’ is based in New Freedom, PA and is planning for significant growth in the near future. As part of its growth strategy, Nexterus is looking for a strategic CFO to partner with the CEO and management team to implement the financial strategies to nationalize its business platform.
Who You Are
- You are a collaborative leader and have experience building and nurturing a financial team that sees the department as an integral service to the rest of the Company.
- You are an accomplished CFO (5+ years’ experience) with experience working with supply chain management and software/technology solutions.
- You have exceptional financial modeling and strong data skills;
- You have exceptional finance and accounting skills. You are extremely comfortable developing and navigating around complex spreadsheets using excel; have worked with a number of accounting software packages, and have managed other employees in accounting, including AP, AR, payroll.
- You have experience working in a dynamic environment with growing companies.
- You can multi-task, are results oriented and meet deadlines.
- You have excellent communication skills. You work exceptionally well with others.
- You’ve worked with growing companies and have had successes with improving the bottom-line.
- You enjoy working with details to get the numbers right. However, you can also see the forest AND the trees.
- You enjoy variety. You enjoy a challenge. You are a good communicator and enjoy working with people. You are highly organized.
- You are honest, trustworthy and have the references to support it.
- Manage the planning, oversight and execution of the organization’s financial functions, reporting and performance;
- Ensure that appropriate systems of internal controls are in place and that accounting treatments are in conformity with GAAP and appropriate company policies. Company should be able to pass financial audits by third party auditors cleanly without major issues.
- Enhance and/or develop, implement and enforce policies and procedures of the organization that will improve overall operation and effectiveness of the corporation;
- Organize and prepare projection models for new client evaluation and new business opportunities; annual budgets including participation in the development of company’s compensation and bonus plans, benefit decisions, Insurance decisions, sales forecasts, expense and staffing projections, capital expenditures, and planning;
- Provide timely and accurate financial reports and analysis to projections, company financial performance and financial trends in order to assist the CEO, the Board and other senior executives in performing their responsibilities;
- Interface with the board and management team;
- Prepare reports which summarize and forecast company business activity and financial position in areas of revenue, expenses, and earnings based on past, present, and expected operations;
- Optimize the handling of bank and deposit relationships and initiate appropriate strategies to enhance cash position. Develop reliable cash flow projection process and reporting mechanism that includes minimum cash threshold to meet operating needs;
- Create financial models, perform analysis and provide negotiation support to business units as they consider new third party vendor relationships, product pricing, and vendor management;
- Evaluate the finance team structure and plan for continual improvement of the efficiency and effectiveness of the group as well as providing individuals with professional and personal growth with emphasis on opportunities (where possible) of individuals.
- Oversight of the Human Resources function, including payroll, benefits and organization development and training.
- BS degree in accounting or finance; CPA/MBA preferred.
- Prior experience as CFO with high growth and/or start-up Company or significant relevant experience
- 5-10 years’ experience in financial and accounting management positions of increasing responsibility sufficient to develop the breadth of technical skills, business judgment, commercial savvy, leadership qualities and management ability required of this role.
- Experience leading the effort to secure outside investment for cloud-based software companies.
- Experience working with supply chain management and/or technology/software companies.
- Demonstrated track record in managing financial operations with outstanding audit results.
- Ability to interact effectively with executives, functional peer groups and subordinates and to gain cooperation from others.
- Experience working in high growth, dynamic environments highly desirable.
- Confidence and proven record to communicate both orally and written
- Ability to be hands on, work independently and perform multiple concurrent and diversified tasks
- Ability to take ownership of projects and drive them through to completion
- Demonstrated commitment to remaining current with changing GAAP regulations.
Job Type: Full-time
If you believe you possess the requisite skills, and want to become part of a dynamic team and culture, please send resume to email@example.com.
Excellent compensation includes base salary, full suite of insurance benefits, company bonus, profit-sharing program, 401k with match.