Nexterus is a supply chain engineering and technology firm that helps small and medium size companies compete by helping to manage their supply chain networks. We deliver best-in-class supply chain strategies in logistics and freight transportation and bring them to the small, mid-size customer in scalable, affordable applications. Nexterus’ unique approach of modeling, optimizing and managing customers’ supply chains allows them the freedom to build their business without being distracted by a multitude of these complex challenges.
The Payroll & Human Resources Generalist is an important role as a part of our Finance Team. This position requires a detail-oriented, accurate and timely individual who is responsible for processing payroll and benefits in addition to recruiting, benefit administration, new hire orientation, personnel matters, terminations and coordinating performance reviews.
This is an exceptional career opportunity for a self-motivated professional, reporting directly to the Chief Financial Officer.
- Process bi-weekly payroll utilizing Paylocity
- Create job descriptions and salary ranges
- Coordinate with recruiting firms
- Conduct screening interviews
- Perform background checks
- New Hires
- Onboard new hires to include all required paperwork
- Organize orientation schedules
- Respond to unemployment claims
- Assist managers with termination requirements and paperwork
- Personnel Issues
- Advise managers on employment issues brought to HR
- Document and coordinate all disciplinary actions
- Respond to regulatory claims
- Benefit Plans
- Main point of contact for outside advisors on health insurance, 401k, benefit providers
- Advise employee on matters related to benefits
- Approve funding of health claims
- Review case management on individual high claims
- Conduct open enrollment for benefit plans
- Review and approve invoices benefit provider invoices
- Performance Reviews
- Guide managers to conduct performance reviews on schedule
- Evaluate min/max ranges
- Gather, evaluate and enter increases
- Conduct employee surveys
- HIPAA compliance
- Update Employee Handbook
- Prepare census data and standard reports for various agencies
The ideal candidate will possess Payroll or Human Resources certifications and experience in the supply chain industry. A degree in Human Resources, Accounting or a related field is preferred.
If you believe you possess the requisite skills, and want to become part of a dynamic team and culture, please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Excellent compensation includes base salary, full suite of insurance benefits, company bonus, profit-sharing program, 401k with match.