Is a Consulting Franchise Right for You?
Leveraging your professional background and business experience to start your own consulting business can be a profitable opportunity. There are many pros and cons to becoming an entrepreneur, but the opportunities are endless for those who are hungry to succeed.
The global management consulting market is forecast to grow to $1,460.2 billion by 2022. Many companies are searching for outside consultants, often because their internal teams do not have the time or the expertise to solve a looming problem.
Benefits of Hiring a Consultant
Most business owners put their heart and soul into their companies. However, this can also put owners too close to problems to see the potential impact clearly. An outside consultant identifies shortfalls and provides specific business strategies to solve problems.
Consultants also deliver:
- Market expertise – Consultants are familiar with the latest technology and market trends to help companies stay ahead of the competition.
- Growth strategies – Consultants offer solid solutions to help companies implement new projects faster while keeping costs under control.
- Workforce training – Consultants train employees to use new technologies that will improve and streamline operations.
- Stress relief for managers – Consultants relish taking a deep dive into a company’s data to develop and implement new policies.
If you’re interested in starting a consulting business but don’t know if your business experience will be enough to run your own company, a consulting franchise may be right for you. Being part of a franchise still allows you to own and run your own business, but with the support of a proven business model. Investing in a franchise can require a large financial commitment, so you want to do your homework and explore all your options.
Benefits of Owning a Consulting Franchise
Starting a new business creates many administrative, technical, sales, and marketing issues that require your focus. Investing in a consulting franchise can help you manage day-to-day administrative tasks, find clients, and get your company up and running faster.
Benefits of owning a consulting franchise:
- Proven business model – Allows you to leverage your career experience while the franchise provides advice and support for finding clients, billing, sales, marketing, etc.
- Low overhead – Many consulting franchises can be operated from a home office.
- Scalability – Grow your business as your client base increases.
- Protected territories – No fear of competition from other franchise owners within the brand.
- Brand recognition – Working with a proven brand can help you attract and sign new clients.
- Proprietary software – Industry-specific programs, training, and support tailored to meet your client’s needs.
- Multiple revenue streams – Variety of services to offer clients.
Investing in a franchise puts you in control of your company. You also get the support of a brand and its team of experts to help your business become successful.
Finding the Right Consulting Franchise
Depending on your career history and experience, you may have several opportunities when deciding what kind of consulting franchise is right for you. Most entrepreneurs focus on starting a business in the industry that closely mirrors their business background.
There are business consulting franchises for every industry:
- Information Technology
- Internet Marketing
- Executive Training
- Financial Services
- Supply Chain Management
One of the fastest-growing areas of franchise consulting is in global supply chain management. Consultants who have the knowledge and experience to use data to solve a company’s logistics needs are in high demand.
Benefits of a Nexterus Supply Chain Franchise
Small and mid-sized businesses are actively seeking outside experts to streamline their supply chains. Developing the right inventory strategies, warehouse logistics, and transportation plans are important to keep their businesses running smoothly. Owners need someone to take on these responsibilities, so they can get back to focusing on their core business goals.
If you have a gift for identifying weaknesses and inefficiencies in a company’s supply chain and helping solve those problems, your perspective would be a tremendous asset to owning a supply chain consulting franchise. Partnering with an industry leader in supply chain management, like Nexterus, will make you part of a growing team of professionals helping small and mid-sized companies grow and become more profitable.