All Things Nexterus
Chief Innovation OfficerNexterus is seeking an experienced, dynamic technology leader with a high degree of business acumen to be our Chief Innovation Officer. The right person must understand the intersection of business and technology and how to apply that from an innovation standpoint, but also how to structure an IT organization and make sure the work gets done on schedule to meet the goals of the company and its clients. It is essential that this position get the most out of its technology budget, leading to cost reduction and economies of scale. The successful candidate will help Nexterus use technology as a competitive advantage by continuously differentiating our suite of services in the marketplace.
TechnologiesNexterus utilizes a variety of tools to enable our technology department.
Legacy - PowerBuilder, PL/SQL, C#
Active - Spring Boot, jQuery, Angular, NestJS, Tomcat
Legacy - JSF, J2EE, LifeRay, JSP
Oracle, SQL Server, Aurora (PostgreSQL)
- Operating Systems:
Linux, Windows Server
RESTful APIs, OAuth
Jenkins, AWS Code Build/Code Pipeline, git, GitHub, Maven
- Leverage new technologies for the company and its clients (understand details, transactions and processes)
- Understand, manage and prioritize current projects
- Manage IT/programming requests including prioritization, capacity and resource requirements
- Research near and long-term technologies
- Exploit capabilities of the new technology
- Seamlessly retire old systems
- Optimize network infrastructure
- Oversee risk-mitigation strategy - cybersecurity
- Evaluate and recommend the preferred org structure of an IT group to best serve the company and its clients
- Implement and drive new initiatives
- Continuously innovate; bring ideas and technologies to the table
- Be able to roll-up sleeves and dig in; can’t delegate everything.
- IT budgeting and capital spending
- Management and oversight of various outsourced functions and technologies
- 5+ years prior experience leading an IT unit.
- Knowledge of our tools is preferred.
- Project management experience (Waterfall/Agile/Scrum)
- AWS cloud-based environment
- Detailed knowledge of AI and machine learning
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or Information Technology or combination of education and experience highly preferred
- Preferred PMP, ITIL, CSM
Nexterus Inc. offers health, dental, vision, 401K, PTO, and many other benefits. If you believe you possess the requisite skills, and want to become part of a dynamic team and culture, please send resume to email@example.com.You will receive a link to an online assessment when you apply. This assessment will take 10 minutes to complete. To be considered for this position, please take the assessment when you receive it via email.