Nexterus is a supply chain engineering and technology firm that helps small and medium size companies compete by helping to manage their supply chain networks. We deliver best-in-class supply chain strategies in logistics and freight transportation and bring them to the small, mid-size customer in scalable, affordable applications. Nexterus’ unique approach of modeling, optimizing and managing customers’ supply chains allows them the freedom to build their business without being distracted by a multitude of these complex challenges.
The Data Entry and Freight Bill Processor is an important role as a part of our Billing and Audit Team. This position requires a detail-oriented, accurate and timely individual who is responsible for data entry of freight invoices from carriers as well as researching and disputing invoices charges as needed. Position will have regular contact with customers and vendors involving extensive work within a Transportation Management System (TMS) database, accessing data on carrier websites, email and telephone correspondence. Experience in transportation industry preferred.
This is an exceptional entry-level career opportunity with opportunity for advancement.
Reports To: Billing and Audit Team Lead
- Client Billing
- Maintain TMS database by entering new or updated freight invoice records
- Resolves deficiencies utilizing standards procedures and communicating with customers/vendors for resolution on incomplete source data
- Invoice Discrepancy
- Accurately researches carrier statements
- Performs auditing of disputed invoices to discover evidence and determine causes
- Collaborates with team and makes recommendations for problem resolution
- Initiates direct communication with carriers and clients to resolve issues
- Involved in the identification of process improvement initiatives
- Attention to detail, organizational and follow up skills
- Ability to read and interpret technical pricing and contract documents
- Strong ability to multi-task
- Data entry and typing speed
- Computer skills to include comfort with online systems, sending and receiving emails, keyboard entry speed, downloading, managing and scanning documents
- Beginner-level MS Excel and Word
- Strong analytical and mathematical abilities
- High school diploma or GED
- Written and oral communications to facilitate collaboration and influence others
- AA degree or higher in Accounting or Logistics preferred
- Proficiency in MS Excel and Access
- Excellent compensation includes base salary, full suite of insurance benefits, company bonus, profit-sharing program, 401k with match
- Job Type: Full-time
- Pay: up to $43,000 per year
If you believe you possess the requisite skills, and want to become part of a dynamic team and culture, please send resume to email@example.com.
Excellent compensation includes base salary, full suite of insurance benefits, company bonus, profit-sharing program, 401k with match.